Staats Mills Covered Bridge
Cedar Lakes Conference Center – Jackson County, WV
The historic Staats Mill Covered Bridge (also known as Tug Fork Covered Bridge) was built by Henry T. Hartley in 1887. This 97’ long and 11.4’ wide through-truss bridge was initially constructed over the Tug Fork River and is a prime example of a late 19th Century American covered timber bridge, built with Stephen Long’s patented Long Truss System.
A New Location for the Staats Mills (Tug Fork) Covered Bridge
The Tug Fork Bridge was moved and completely renovated in 1982. It now rests astride the pond at Cedar Lakes State Conference Center in Ripley, WV where it can be viewed today.