Marriage Licenses in Jackson County, WV
The Jackson County Clerk’s Office requires the following to issue a marriage license:
Application Fee: $57.00
*If Premarital Education is completed the application fee is $37.00. A Certificate of Premarital Education must be presented at the time of application.
Information Required for Marriage License Application
You will need to provide the following information to complete the application process:
- Proof of Age (certified copy of a birth certificate or driver’s license are most common)
- Full Legal Name of Both Parties
- Maiden Name (if different from current legal name)
- Current Address for Both Parties
- Dates of Birth
- Number of Previous Marriages;
- How Did Last Marriage End/Date of Divorce, Death or Annulment?
- Social Security Numbers of Both Parties
- Name of Parents (Mother’s Maiden Name)
- Parents’ Place of Birth (City and State)
Please note: Marriage Licenses expire 60 days from the date of issuance.
Age of Consent and Marriage License Issuance
The age of consent for marriage for both parties is 18 years of age. If the applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, written, notarized consent from the applicant’s parents or legal guardian is required. If an applicant is under the age of 16, a marriage license can only be issued by an order from a circuit judge. If either or both of the applicants are under the age of 18, the license may not be issued until two full days elapse after the day the application is filed.
Contact the Jackson County Clerk
Jackson County Clerk: 304-373-2250